Driver availability without all the extra software?

nivram333o

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016
Hello all,
I'll try to make this short. I've been a fan of this site for a long time, although I've never posted. Obviously that's now changed. I have a desktop pc on which I run Win7 64 bit. It has an AMD configured Asus mobo with integrated graphics; specifically the ATI Radeon HD 3300 series. I've never been completely happy with the display graphics, and some research shows that there are updated driver versions I'd like to try before I give in and purchase a separate video card. The issue is that I don't want the Catalyst Software Suite in which AMD seems to be packaging all its drivers. Does anyone know where I can get the driver I need without the extra software? Thank you very much.

Marv

Solution
When you have downloaded the driver package from AMD, you can choose to perform a "custom install" which allows you to install just the drivers, you simply deselect any item you don't want (eg Catalyst Control Centre etc).

That's exactly what I did - all I have installed is the video drivers for my Radeon card as I don't need anything else, not even the sound drivers since I'm quite happy with the Realtek integrated sound.
When you have downloaded the driver package from AMD, you can choose to perform a "custom install" which allows you to install just the drivers, you simply deselect any item you don't want (eg Catalyst Control Centre etc).

That's exactly what I did - all I have installed is the video drivers for my Radeon card as I don't need anything else, not even the sound drivers since I'm quite happy with the Realtek integrated sound.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS