Question graphic designer program like CAD

ninja_broccoli

Distinguished
May 20, 2016
this is a wild shot asking here.

I am looking for a program that I can change parameters to lines and angles like in CAD. but it is for 2D art.
No idea ware to ask this and I have bin looking around for hours.

kanewolf

Titan
this is a wild shot asking here.

I am looking for a program that I can change parameters to lines and angles like in CAD. but it is for 2D art.
No idea ware to ask this and I have bin looking around for hours.
What do you mean by "parameters"? Are you looking for something that can be driven by equations? Or are you looking for something that just has a simple text or CSV type input format ?

ninja_broccoli

Distinguished
May 20, 2016
What do you mean by "parameters"? Are you looking for something that can be driven by equations? Or are you looking for something that just has a simple text or CSV type input format ?
I see the specific lengths and angles of the lines, I can do parallel lines with no effort and so on.
when making a triangle I can set an specific angle to the corner, set exact lengths between forms.

35below0

Notable
Jan 3, 2024
You want a vector graphics editor.

It's been ages since i've done that stuff in Corel Draw. I don't know which editor to recommend you. You will have to try a bunch of them and learn how they work, but what you described is simple to do once you know the tools and shortcuts.
Also, look into duplicate and align & distribute, or whatever the editor calls them. They're very simple yet powerfull tools.

Don't expect to learn all the intricacies of an editor in a matetr of days. But you can figure out most of your needs quickly.

Ralston18

Titan
@ninja_broccoli

Besides 2D CAD there may be other options:

Are you familar with Scratch (MIT)?

https://scratch.mit.edu/

Free.

Seems to be coding for kids (it is) but it is very powerful and could easily be used for artistic purposes.

Take a look at some of the sponsored projects etc..

If you want to have certain things happen in your art (angles, parallel lines, etc.) then create a bit of code, use or create functions, and let it run.

Edit as necessary.

Not quite the same as using tablet and a CAD app per se - still you can be very imaginative and artistic.

Reactions: 35below0