Question Driver Booster 6

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I installed Driver Booster 6 to update drivers a couple weeks ago but I heard it wasnt the best or safest program to use and that I should just update my drivers on my own when needed from the manufacturer. I want to uninstall it but when I do it asks me if I want to remove "configuration files, liscense files, driver download folder, driver backup folder". It says it's not recommended but should I just delete all these files anyway to clear this program off my PC?

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Yes, delete all. Have your drivers already downloaded and ready to install. Use DDU to make sure all video card drivers have been fully removed, after uninstalling driver booster.
Do you think it did something to my video drivers even though I just got the latest video card driver from nvidia website? Is it really necessary to use DDU to uninstall my video card drivers and start over?

The only thing it seemed to update for my nvidia gpu would be the nvidia usb type c port policy controller and the version in my device manager seems to match up with the version in my driver booster.

Last edited:

Remeca

Reputable
Do you think it did something to my video drivers even though I just got the latest video card driver from nvidia website? Is it really necessary to use DDU to uninstall my video card drivers and start over?

The only thing it seemed to update for my nvidia gpu would be the nvidia usb type c port policy controller and the version in my device manager seems to match up with the version in my driver booster.
When installing video card drivers, it's best to completely remove the previous drivers. Failing to do so may leave outdated files which may conflict with your new drivers. DDU will completely remove all the old files so you have a clean slate. It is best to remove and reinstall drivers for anything that Driver Booster may have touched.

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
When installing video card drivers, it's best to completely remove the previous drivers. Failing to do so may leave outdated files which may conflict with your new drivers. DDU will completely remove all the old files so you have a clean slate. It is best to remove and reinstall drivers for anything that Driver Booster may have touched.

I looked it up and it just seemed like a confusing process. What exactly do I need to do?