[SOLVED] Driver Issue or GPU is dying?

Sep 26, 2019
Hi, so my pc has been experiencing freezes lately from out of nowhere when I'm at the desktop. But doesn't seem to be experiencing any kind of freezing when playing actual games.

I decided to update my drivers still the same, reinstalled windows still the same, then i decided to just uninstall the gpu and boot windows.

And right now its pretty stable, could it be a driver incompatibility or just my gpu is basically giving up now?

CPU Intel Xeon X3430
GTX 750
Motherboard Biostar TH55B HD
120 GB Kingston SSD as Boot Drive
300 GB HDD for storage
PSU Mon power 500w, max Power 600w
3x 4GB DDR Ram

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

I would sooner potentially look at your PSU if it's hardware.

You clean installed and issue persisted which can indicate hardware, you've removed GPU and the problem hasn't come back, and the biggest draw on a PSU is the GPU. And your particular PSU from what I'm seeing appears to be very poor quality and aged. Poor quality and deteriorating power supplies can equally cause this. That and they all have a shelf life.

If swapping that with a good unit proves useless, then I would look at GPU.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

I would sooner potentially look at your PSU if it's hardware.

You clean installed and issue persisted which can indicate hardware, you've removed GPU and the problem hasn't come back, and the biggest draw on a PSU is the GPU. And your particular PSU from what I'm seeing appears to be very poor quality and aged. Poor quality and deteriorating power supplies can equally cause this. That and they all have a shelf life.

If swapping that with a good unit proves useless, then I would look at GPU.

Solution
Sep 26, 2019
Ah the PSU has never come to mind since I just replaced this last April, and I don't seem to be smelling anything. The gpus is still on themotherboard, the driver just isnt installed

Thanks for the response