[SOLVED] Driver issues? maybe? probably?

Tomme D3

Prominent
Jul 5, 2020
Ok lets see whos better then AMD customer support.. recently bought an older used...for arguments sake lets say the previous ower did have running, also lets assured im capable enough to get the cables plugged, teiednon two workiing pc's...and lastly lets assume i realized its an older card when a bought it and it was fine with me. its for my back up anyways.
after lot of reading, seems there is extra a problems wkth the ati hd 5770....amd has a crimson adrenalin pack thats supposed to work...i have a few more thjngs to try but sapphire and amd avent been a lot of help.
Anyone have a way for me to try amd get it running...it says no signal ...fans spin and the 3 lights on top lint to normal. should i try dvi connection? idc if you say start it under water ill try it...thanks anyone who can help

Solution
  • You plugged in the extra power cable to the GPU?
  • You tried it two known-working PCs (that do work with some other graphics CARD)?
  • You don't have a guarantee (even "stated" guarantee from the seller) that the 5770 was working before you bought it?
  • You've only tried one display output (not DVI)? Which other display output ports are there (since you didn't state the brand/model you actually have)?
IF the first two points are true (from my interpretation of your OP), then certainly try all available outputs from the 5770. Then I'd be removing the cooler and looking for burnt-up bits on the PCB of the card.
  • You plugged in the extra power cable to the GPU?
  • You tried it two known-working PCs (that do work with some other graphics CARD)?
  • You don't have a guarantee (even "stated" guarantee from the seller) that the 5770 was working before you bought it?
  • You've only tried one display output (not DVI)? Which other display output ports are there (since you didn't state the brand/model you actually have)?
IF the first two points are true (from my interpretation of your OP), then certainly try all available outputs from the 5770. Then I'd be removing the cooler and looking for burnt-up bits on the PCB of the card.

Reactions: Tomme D3
Solution

Tomme D3

Prominent
Jul 5, 2020
ha...yea i mentioned its a sapphire but it was like a paragraph away from the rest...sapphire hd 5770 1gb ddr5. i have to get the hdmi dvi adapter, had one and cant find it. the seller said he pulled from an intel system but working before he upgraded. i know him but not best friends or anything. the 3 led lights on top act as expected. but i have seen several fixes for it, its got compatibility issues and even needs a legacy type amd software set up...which I downloaded but cant see the screen to set it up lol...im spinning in circles. i read a few weird, clear,shutdown, do this or that, shutdown yada yada 28 steps later it works... honest could jjst throw it away and not be at a huge loss but its turned into a quest

Tomme D3

Prominent
Jul 5, 2020
Resetting/clearing the CMOS is certainly a good way to "start fresh" from the mobo BIOS prespective.

I year ya. Sometimes it's less about the feasibility and more about the accomplishment.
Card was clean outside but my friend didnt realize you could take it all the way apart and redue the paste all that...its been a while and not on a card this dated but this card had a thick copper plate over the gous chip thst just seemed but jn and then dremeled the access solder or whatefer used to make it stay. honestly if its a diy model its pretty legit....iif its factorh then id say wft? shjt job
Ok lets see whos better then AMD customer support.. recently bought an older used...for arguments sake lets say the previous ower did have running, also lets assured im capable enough to get the cables plugged, teiednon two workiing pc's...and lastly lets assume i realized its an older card when a bought it and it was fine with me. its for my back up anyways.
after lot of reading, seems there is extra a problems wkth the ati hd 5770....amd has a crimson adrenalin pack thats supposed to work...i have a few more thjngs to try but sapphire and amd avent been a lot of help.
Anyone have a way for me to try amd get it running...it says no signal ...fans spin and the 3 lights on top lint to normal. should i try dvi connection? idc if you say start it under water ill try it...thanks anyone who can help
UPDATE. found out that i need a dvi monitor or adapter. been tryjng it all thru hdmi and its a good bet ill get a picture, install drivers amd have hdmi output. Thanks tennis2 for your input