Driver Power State Failure

Brazoragh

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
Hi,

I am having problems with a bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure" on my desktop computer.

A bit to the history:
I didn't have any problems before the Desktop computer traveled in a suitcase in an airplane - well airbubbled of course. ;)
After I started the computer everything seemed fine, but I started to get bluescreens after a while. The bad thing: i was really busy at that time and can't remember the bluescreen cause. Suddenly, the computer won't start any more (got another bluescreen).

I thought maybe a RAM Stick got faulty and the System would write faulty stuff to the SSD.

So I reinstalled everything and were curious if I will get the problems again. Started with 1 Ram Stick (of 4) and without external Graphic Card (NVidia GT9600) and after not getting errors, added a second one and the graphic card. Still no problems. After three weeks, I am getting the above bluescreen quite often. Could happen right now... not during booting or something like that.

I updated the BIOS and any driver I could find. No improvement... the drivers were already updated, just the BIOS was really old.

Has anybody an idea? I have no clue what to do. :(

I added the dmp file:
Dropbox
And a system overview:
Dropbox

I tried dumpchk, but to be honest - I have no idea what I see there.

Thanks a lot!

bugcheck most likely cause by USB ethernet driver listed below, update that driver and the motherboard USB drivers
-------------
a device connected to your USB hub did not respond to a power state transition.
most likely a device went to sleep but did not wake up when requested and caused the system to bugcheck.

generally you would do the following:
-update your motherboard BIOS (installed version= f11a date= 11/13/2013) looks like a current version
- update your CPU chipset drivers directly from intel (google "intel chipset drivers" intel site was down a minute ago)
- update any external USB 3.0 drivers directly from the chipset manufacture website.
- now you would then want to update the USB driver that failed to respond and try to get a current version.

sometimes you can not get a proper driver update for some older bluetooth devices and you just have to go to the windows power management for that device and tell the system not to put the device to sleep.

note: your USB3 drivers are very old (2012)
your RTL8192su.sys driver is very old 2011 and would most likely be the cause of this bugcheck
get a new one from here:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=21&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true

note: change your memory dump type from minidump to kernel memory dump would enable the debugger to easily dump the name of the failing USB device.

Brazoragh

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
It seems like I wasn't able to update the drivers, since they are the newest ones.
But I disabled Power Management in the Device Management for the WLAN Stick and the the PAN Service of the BT Stick.
We'll see if this works. I'll keep you posted.

And I highly appreciate your help!
I hope you had wonderful holidays... :)