[SOLVED] Driver related ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD after new motherboard, CPU, and ram install

Patric Schwaab

Honorable
Aug 14, 2015
Hi everyone,
I just installed a new Aorus 590 Elite AX mobo, an intel i5 11600k, and 32gb of RGB vengence Ram. However I'm having a lot of issues getting new drivers installed, and a LOT of BSOD's that say driver power state failure. Using this website: https://www.wintips.org/find-out-which-driver-cause-windows-to-crash-with-bsod/#
I tracked it down to ntoskrnl.exe causing the BSOD, and I've been trying to figure out what to do with that info, but no luck so far. I've tried a memory test with no issues coming back, and I'm at a bit of a loss. I can boot it just fine in safemode, so it definitely seems to be driver related. I try removing intel management engine components, which seems to be the most recent driver I have installed, but either I get a BSOD, or it just refuses to uninstall claiming it had a fatal error. I can't uninstall it in safe mode either I get "the windows installer service could not be accessed" error. So at this point I'm running out of things to try. I don't think it's hardware related as the memory shows up fine in device manager, and task manager, as does my CPU.

If anyone has anything to suggest I'd really appreciate it.

Solution
D
Did you perform a clean install windows
I did not, I really don't want to lose all the data I currently have, so I really want to try to avoid that. If there is absolutely nothing else I can do, I will have to go for that, but I'd really rather exhaust all other avenues first.
Says every person who doesn’t have a back up of data. The answer doesn’t change. reinstall windows or keep getting your bsods.

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
I did not, I really don't want to lose all the data I currently have, so I really want to try to avoid that. If there is absolutely nothing else I can do, I will have to go for that, but I'd really rather exhaust all other avenues first.

Windows will only recognize components from the installation. To my experience, it is best to have a fresh OS install when there are major component changes.

Normally, you back up the data you want to keep first.

D

Deleted member 14196

Did you perform a clean install windows
Says every person who doesn’t have a back up of data. The answer doesn’t change. reinstall windows or keep getting your bsods.

Solution