[SOLVED] Driver update taking an extremely long time.

Feb 25, 2021
Recently I have been having issues with my internet speed and I decided to update my ethernet driver to try and fix it. I started this update almost 5 hours ago and it still hasn't finished. There hasn't been any type of progress bar appear so I do not know if it is anywhere near completion. I also cannot turn off my pc or close the tab whilst it is updating.

Is there any way I can see if this is almost done or stop it safely?

Solution
Recently I have been having issues with my internet speed and I decided to update my ethernet driver to try and fix it. I started this update almost 5 hours ago and it still hasn't finished. There hasn't been any type of progress bar appear so I do not know if it is anywhere near completion. I also cannot turn off my pc or close the tab whilst it is updating.

5 hours... thats not working. Drivers should take a minute at most. I feel it will never stop as its frozen.
Look in task manager, I bet its not using much cpu.
i would cancel it if it even responds, otherwise stop it using task manager. Might need to restart PC

What internet driver were you updating...

Colif

Win 11 Master

5 hours... thats not working. Drivers should take a minute at most. I feel it will never stop as its frozen.
i would cancel it if it even responds, otherwise stop it using task manager. Might need to restart PC

What internet driver were you updating? realtek? Intel? Broadcom?

Solution
Feb 25, 2021

What internet driver were you updating? realtek? Intel? Broadcom?

Thank you. I was worried about stopping it because of the message it showed but it was fine.