Question driver_irql_not_less_or_equal kbdclass.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2022
Hello :)

Since a few weeks i get the from time to time (sometimes it takes 1 hour, sometimes 3 or longer) a bluescreen. The errorcode is the following:
driver_irql_not_less_or_equal kbdclass.sys
As far as I ve seen it only occoures when i play games, but that could be rnd. i only use it to play.

To fix it I have tried:
Update all drivers, from GPU to Usb
Reinstall Win11

I use a laptop so i can't unplug the Keyboard and try a different. It is a: Gigabyte G5 KD. (I5 11400H, RTX 3060, 16GB RAM)
I have no clue what to do anymore. I asked the Gigabyte support, they told me that it could be a Virus, but i don't think it is one.. if it would be one it would be deleted with the fresh installation.
Thank you :)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Reinstall Win11
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

As for your laptop, can you check and see if there are BIOS updates pending? As for your kbdclass.sys issue, see if you can uninstall your keyboard from Device Manager and then restart your platform.

Nov 5, 2022

I got the windows updatio via the media creation tool direct from the microsoft homepage.
I got the FB5 Bios-Version. That's the latest version from Gigabyte.

Gonna try to reinstall it and report back. Thank you.
Edit: Testing the reinstallation will take some time, because i have to use it and hope it stays stable.

Colif

Win 11 Master
kbdclass.sys is an odd driver as most keyboards now use kbhid.sys

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Colif

Win 11 Master
Conversion of dumps

report - Click run as fiddle to see report

File: 110522-15859-01.dmp (Nov 6 2022 - 05:10:29)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for HKKbdFltr.sys
Probably caused by: kbdclass.sys (Process: Overwatch.exe)
Uptime: 6 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 24 Sec(s)

File: 103022-15890-01.dmp (Oct 30 2022 - 09:45:48)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for HKKbdFltr.sys
Probably caused by: kbdclass.sys (Process: System)
Uptime: 3 Day(s), 8 Hour(s), 48 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)

Actually caused by:
Mar 06 2019HKKbdFltr.sysHotKey Keyboard Class Filter driver (Insyde Software Corp.)
Mar 06 2019HKMouFltr.sysHotKey Mouse Class Filter driver (Insyde Software Corp.)
I know Insyde made bios, but keyboard/mouse drivers?
Not sure where they came from?
https://www.insyde.cloud/ShareKanTan/ is the closest I can find. Might be installed on device?

I can see a Intel keyboard driver on website for laptop
https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Laptop/G5--Intel-11th-Gen/support#support-dl-driver-driver
and can see it on laptop
Jul 07 2021HidEventFilter.sysIntel(R) HID Event Filter driver (Intel Corporation)

Nov 5, 2022
I have never heard of https://www.insyde.cloud/ShareKanTan/ so I m sure I don't have installed it.

Oh, I think I missed one important thing. I have LogitechGHub for my mouse and headset installed, do you think this can cause the problem?
Do you have any advice how i can fix it? I need LogitechGHub for the two devices to work corretly.

Thank you so much! :)

Edit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cb839j7v33xxulj/110822-16000-01.zip?dl=0
Fresh new Bluescreen. Haven't changed a thing since the last time. Appeared while playing Overwatch.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022
I use the latest version of Control Centre. As I said a made a clean install from Windows. So i had to download and install it again. It seems like the latest update from the Control Centre is some time ago. (09.01.2021)
But I ll try to reinstall it anyway. :)
Is there a way to work without it? When I'm using it I can select the prefered power mode an an make a custom fan curve.

Nov 5, 2022
You think the Control Center is the problem? It has a function called "FlexiKey". I never used this funktion.
I reinstalled the software, but still get bluescreens with the same error message. :(
The link says that it could brick my PC. I'm kind of scared about that.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i don't know what the function does, but I suspect its tied to the bios in some way.

I was just trying to find alternatives to those drivers.

Can you remove the program just to see if you still crash without it. Then we can try to find a way to control fans without it.

I might not be here for two days as bad weather forecast but I will look if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.