Drivers causing BSOD please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachary Peterson

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015
Hello, I recently installed windows 10 on my AMD machine and now experience BSOD due to an unknown driver issue. System specs will be listed at the end. The BSOD most reliably occurs when I have Chrome, spotify, an active skype call, and a game running (WoW or League of Legends most commonly). First, an error message will pop up saying something along the lines of AMD driver has crashed but recovered and things will run fine for a while. Then it will randomly BSOD. We previously had the problem narrowed down to an audio driver since the BSODs only occured when skype, in particular, were opened with the other programs. If skype was taken out of the equation, everything ran fine, no BSOD. So we reinstalled the lastest version of the AMD drivers (15.7, I believe) minus catalyst and the AMD HD audio drivers. Everything worked fine for a couple days then bam, blue screens again. Anyone have any idea what could cause this issue? Can provide more information if needed, any help is greatly appreciated =)

System specs:
Mobo - GA 78LMT USB3
HHD - 1x WB Blue 500gb
1x WD Blue 1TB
SSD - 1x Samsung Evo 840
CPU - FX-6300 (stock)
GPU - Sapphire Radeon r7 260x
Cooler - Corsair H100i
Wireless card - Netgear WNA3100
Mouse - Razer Naga Epic
Keyboard - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid
Speakers - Some cheap walmart speakers (lol
Headphones - Logitech g35
Monitors - 1x 32" LED TV
1x 19" AOC LCD
OS - Win 10

Once again, thanks in advance for any information =)
-Z

update: I completely forgot this part. The critical error code was 41 (63) and the message was "thread_stuck_in_device_driver" I do believe.

Solution

Hello again Zachary Peterson

It is weird but the bitter truth is, Windows sometimes behave absolutely obnoxiously. Sometimes even a connected USB mouse is the cause of errors. :(

If you want, you can use this method to get an image of the system state and then try removing the updates. If something goes wrong, you can always roll your system back to the current settings using the method given in the shared link.

Cheers!! :)
Hello Zachary Peterson

It looks like there is some Windows Update that is installed and is conflicting with one or more drivers.

Also, some Windows 10 users are experiencing issues with NETGEAR Wireless USB adapters.

Disconnecting your Wireless USB card may resolve the issue. You may also want to remove any latest updates that were installed after you updated the drivers.

Let me know if this helps. Cheers!!

Zachary Peterson

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015

Hello vive,
We've uninstalled and reinstalled virtually every driver on this pc in a multitude of versions and combinations of different versions. Back dated drivers of certain items with newest drivers of others. Everything up to date, Everything back dated to last known versions that didn't have issues, etc etc. We can't seem to pinpoint the culprit that way and have almost completely exhausted our ideas as to what to do.

As for the Wireless USB, I have, in fact, noticed a vast decrease in performance in it. Not wanting to install properly, having to diagnose network issues daily - even multiple times a day -. However, if that were the issue, wouldn't it be a virtually constant thing? I feel as though if that were the issue, the introduction of skype/curse voice to the equation shouldn't make a difference. Without one of those programs running, it seems to work fine. However, being a gamer with buddies that game, it is definitely nice to have voice chat in order to communicate. Thanks for the input, just wanted to share a little more information with you.
-Z

Zachary Peterson

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015
Another thing worth noting: everything was working fine on Win 7 (preferred that to Win 8.1). We started having the constant BSOD issue after first upgrading to 8.1 very recently, in order to have the OS on my SSD. The problems persisted from 8.1 to 10.

Hello again Zachary Peterson

It is weird but the bitter truth is, Windows sometimes behave absolutely obnoxiously. Sometimes even a connected USB mouse is the cause of errors. :(

If you want, you can use this method to get an image of the system state and then try removing the updates. If something goes wrong, you can always roll your system back to the current settings using the method given in the shared link.

Cheers!! :)

Solution

Zachary Peterson

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015

Vive,

I suppose it's worth a shot. Windows can definitely be wonky for no apparent reason, like mine currently is. I will get back to you once everything is complete and see if it fixed the issue. Thanks for your time/help =)

-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.