[SOLVED] Drivers + Clean install of Windows 10

Liborio

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
Hi,

I have just purchased a new Samsung 1TB SSD that i am replacing my existing smaller SSD + HDD. I am just wondering if i am doing what i can to ensure it is running to the best of its ability upon the fresh install of Windows 10 in relation to drivers + any other potential suggestions with new installs. My steps will be:

1. Installing all drivers advised from my motherboards website. (VGA, BIOS, Audio, LAN etc.)
https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/Z170-PRO-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

2. Installing GPU driver.
https://www.geforce.com/drivers

3. Installing Windows updates.

My question is, am i on the right track? Am i missing anything? Or doing anything that isn't necessary?

My PC specs are:

Hardware:
CPU - Intel Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
MOBO - ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
RAM - G Skill RipJaws V 16GB DDR4
GPU - MSI 980Ti Sea Hawk Edition
PSU - Seasonic 850W 80PlusBronze ATX

Cooling:
CPU - Corsair H80i GT
GPU - Corsair HG10 N980

Peripherals:
Monitor - AOC 24" G Sync 144hz 1ms
Mouse - Logitech G402
Mouse Pad - Logitech G240
Keyboard - Logitech G910
Headset - Hyper X Revolver S

Last edited:
Solution
I would update windows 10 first as it will try to get latest drivers for your motherboard anyway,

Asus have driver packs that they have given Microsoft that Windows will install through windows update, so you may find that you only need to update certain drivers from motherboard website and not all.

So 3,1,2

download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - as then you will have the latest version of win 10 and step 3 will be far quicker

I would have answered this hours ago except last time I helped you, I had a bad headache.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would update windows 10 first as it will try to get latest drivers for your motherboard anyway,

Asus have driver packs that they have given Microsoft that Windows will install through windows update, so you may find that you only need to update certain drivers from motherboard website and not all.

So 3,1,2

download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - as then you will have the latest version of win 10 and step 3 will be far quicker

I would have answered this hours ago except last time I helped you, I had a bad headache.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liborio
Solution

Liborio

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016

So 3,1,2

Understood. Media creation tool is what ill be using and have it ready on the USB. Thank you for the tip, i will ensure i have all Windows updates first. Also, how will i know what drivers are missing if Windows installs some and not all? I'll have to manually check through device manager?
Thank you for your response.

TRENDING THREADS