Drivers (Code 28)

itsoverfatkid

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017
I have a Sony ICD-P520. It's an older digital voice recorder(2007). I have files on the recorder I want on a PC. Both my laptops say they don't have drivers for this product. (CODE 28) Ive tried to update the drivers, but my laptops seem to already have the updated drivers. I talked with sony, and they said try an older OS. They also said the recorder should be compatible with anything up to Windows 7. but here I am and it doesn't seem to be working. This stuff is way above me. Im a plug and play kind of person. I need pictures, videos, and text that can give me an easy walkthrough. Im sorry for being such a noob. Thank you for your help.

Solution
Code 28 simply means you haven't installed the drivers. You have to get those from Sony, because WindowsUpdate only has Microsoft WHQL drivers, and with most odd hardware like that it wasn't worth paying the fee to get the drivers certified.
Code 28 simply means you haven't installed the drivers. You have to get those from Sony, because WindowsUpdate only has Microsoft WHQL drivers, and with most odd hardware like that it wasn't worth paying the fee to get the drivers certified.

Solution