Question Drivers for ASRock Z77 Extreme4

Sherwin92

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
Hello folks,

First off, I hope that I'm asking this in the right place.

I have just ordered new RAM for my PC and plan to (re-)install Windows 10 on it. The ASRock website has a handful of W10 drivers but all dates back to 2015 and 2016. I'd very much like to get some idea as to what drivers I need, and possibly where to download them. For Windows 7 I simply used the drivers DVD, but that installed things like "Intel rapid storage technology", of which I believe to have read isn't used for W10 anymore(?), hence my questions :) . The rest of my hardware is as follows :

Intel i7 3770
ASRock Z77 Eztreme4
G.Skill Ares 16gb 2400MHz
GTX 1060 6GB
Seasonic S12 II 520w
2 Sata3 SSD, 1 1TB Sata3 HDD, 1 10k RPM Sata2 HDD

I appreciate any help in terms of what drivers are needed to run my system as well as it can, thanks everyone :)

Sherwin92

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
just install the latest inf drivers from intel and you should be fine. and latest nvidia drivers.

Do you mean the INF driver that's on the ASRock page from 2016, or should I go look for it on the Intel website

There's more than a handful worth downloading. Are you on the latest non beta BIOS for your motherboard?

I figured they may not be worth downloading because they are a bit aged, or is that a mistake on my part? BIOS wise I believe I am on the latest BIOS, sounds like I should go back to the stable?

Thanks already :)

ow ye, and the builtin graphics drivers from intel too. would be nice too.

windows should already have some drivers builtin but theyre usually older. some like to wait for them to get released via the windows update some like to get the latest from intel it's just a matter of preference

Sherwin92

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
intel is my own preference.
I see :) .
ow ye, and the builtin graphics drivers from intel too. would be nice too.

windows should already have some drivers builtin but theyre usually older. some like to wait for them to get released via the windows update some like to get the latest from intel it's just a matter of preference
Fair enough :) . I really appreciate the input and have downloaded this ( https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/1145/Intel-Chipset-Software-Installation-Utility ). It seems to be the only one I can find and I'd like to think it simply won't install if it turns out to be incompatible, that's why I downloaded the driver from the ASRock website as well, just in case :)

I see :) .

Fair enough :) . I really appreciate the input and have downloaded this ( https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/1145/Intel-Chipset-Software-Installation-Utility ). It seems to be the only one I can find and I'd like to think it simply won't install if it turns out to be incompatible, that's why I downloaded the driver from the ASRock website as well, just in case :)

yep if it's not compatible you'll get a message during the installer but it should be, no worries

Reactions: Sherwin92