Question Drivers for simple pci communication controller

Feb 22, 2020
Hey guys, ive got a problem, i got a "new computer" from my aunt, i bought graphic card GTX 950 but every time i plug it in, it shows "please shut down and connect pcie power calbes(s)"(ive got a vga monitor+TV w/hdmi), when i looked at my device manager ive got a problem with pci simple communication controller, i have tried to get drivers/new bios, but unfortunately intel deleted all drivers for my mb, got d946gzis, so is there any solution for this?

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
1) What is the full spec of the PC from your aunt?

If you don't know, you could use Speccy (free software) to give you the list of most of the parts.

2) When you plugged in the GTX 950, what did you do, exactly? Step by step.

So you had the PC, it was switched off, you removed the side panel, and then ... ?

3) At any point in the process, did you connect a cable that looks a bit like one of these:
PCI-E-Connector-voeding.PNG

into the graphics card?

Feb 22, 2020
These are my specs:
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Pentium D 820
SmithField 90nm Technology
RAM
3,00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 266MHz (4-4-4-12)
Motherboard
Intel Corporation D946GZIS 70 °C
Graphics
24W_LCD_TV (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel 946GZ Express Chipset Family (Intel)
Storage
149GB Seagate ST3160811AS ATA Device (SATA ) 40 °C
74GB Seagate ST380011A ATA Device (ATA ) 32 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD1 ATA Device
Audio
Zvukové zařízení High Definition Audio

after i turned pc off, i plugged my gpu to PCIE slot x16 (have only 1) until it clicked and plugged in cables from psu that was labeled as PCIE from 1 side and B from other side, ive tried other PSU but still didnt worked tho

Edit* : My PSU cable for gpu is 6+2 if it helps

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020
1) What is the full spec of the PC from your aunt?

If you don't know, you could use Speccy (free software) to give you the list of most of the parts.

2) When you plugged in the GTX 950, what did you do, exactly? Step by step.

So you had the PC, it was switched off, you removed the side panel, and then ... ?

3) At any point in the process, did you connect a cable that looks a bit like one of these:
PCI-E-Connector-voeding.PNG

into the graphics card?
Is it too old for Graphic card?

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
As far as I can tell, it's not too old, it has PCIe 2.0 , which is fine for this kind of GPU. I just have no idea why it won't work based on what you say.

..maybe the motherboard doesn't provide enough power via the PCIe slot? But I've no idea why that should be the case... guessing at random tbh.

Feb 22, 2020
As far as I can tell, it's not too old, it has PCIe 2.0 , which is fine for this kind of GPU. I just have no idea why it won't work based on what you say.

..maybe the motherboard doesn't provide enough power via the PCIe slot? But I've no idea why that should be the case... guessing at random tbh.
Ok, thanks anyway