Question Drivers for Windows 98

Feb 11, 2019
I purchased you disk White Label 120GB 8MB Cache 7200RPM PATA/IDE 3.5" Desktop Hard Drive. Where can I find drivers for this disk that would work with Windows 98? Would any drivers from Windows CD work with this hard drive?

I have also purchased COMPAQ HENDRIX Motherboard 010699-001 w/ Pentium 3. Where can I find drivers for this Motherboard that would work with Windows 98? Would any drivers from Windows CD work with this Motherboard?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You don't typically need drivers for hard drives. Hard disk controllers sometimes, but most cheap consumer systems would just use the onboard IDE controller which would have generic drivers.

Compaq will likely have drivers for their hardware, however, that is going back a long way so you might have to do a little digging.

Windows may have some drivers that will make the system at least operational.

bzand

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015
Your harddisk should work fine. Just set the jumpers to the desired mode and plug it in and Windows should see it. Are you installing windows 98 off a bootable CD or do you need a floppy boot disk. I am expecting that motherboard to be able to boot from CD. I would try installing WIndows and see what drivers are automatically installed and work from there. THis will narrow down which drivers you need and hopefully give you a better understanding of what they are exactly making your searching a bit easier.