Question Drivers Installation without WiFi

Oct 1, 2019
So I’m going to build a new pc in a few weeks and I was just doing some planning on it as it’s my first and it just came to my head about installing drivers.

I have an Ethernet cable, but I do not have one of those WiFi adapters. Do I need those WiFi adapters to go on the internet and install the drivers, or can I just connect my Ethernet cable and install it on the Internet from there. What I’ve heard, is that the Ethernet won’t work because the Ethernet drivers are not installed, but I just wanted to be sure so I can buy the WiFi adapter with my parts all in one go.

Lutfij

Titan
While you're brooding on your build, all the while sure that you're going to be investing in the parts you've got in your mind, without hesitation, it's good practice to download the drivers for every aspect of the motherboard(and GPU) on a donor system and have it stored onto a pen drive. You can use the pen drive to copy over drivers and being installation without the need for the internet, to get you feet in the water.

You might also want to make sure that the Ethernet cable you speak terminates at either an ISP's end or a router that is paired to an ISP, so you're able to get on the www for updates and such.

Oct 1, 2019
While you're brooding on your build, all the while sure that you're going to be investing in the parts you've got in your mind, without hesitation, it's good practice to download the drivers for every aspect of the motherboard(and GPU) on a donor system and have it stored onto a pen drive. You can use the pen drive to copy over drivers and being installation without the need for the internet, to get you feet in the water.

You might also want to make sure that the Ethernet cable you speak terminates at either an ISP's end or a router that is paired to an ISP, so you're able to get on the www for updates and such.
Would I be able to do it without using a USB drive? My Ethernet is connected to the router and the router is paired to an ISP, so does that mean I can access the sites to download the drivers from there?

So how do you think you are going to get windows installed on your machine. Almost all installs are done via USB. You can use DVD but that is not as common. It not like you can install windows from the internet with a raw motherboard bios.

In any case directly after you install windows you are going to have to install all the drivers for the motherboard. These are always included with the motherboard. Most come on dvd but some are on USB sticks. You will either put these files on the USB drive or a dvd to install them. There generally is a ethernet driver included.

Oct 1, 2019
So how do you think you are going to get windows installed on your machine. Almost all installs are done via USB. You can use DVD but that is not as common. It not like you can install windows from the internet with a raw motherboard bios.

In any case directly after you install windows you are going to have to install all the drivers for the motherboard. These are always included with the motherboard. Most come on dvd but some are on USB sticks. You will either put these files on the USB drive or a dvd to install them. There generally is a ethernet driver included.
So I can use an Ethernet to download drivers

D

Deleted member 2720853

So I can use an Ethernet to download drivers
As the person above said, your motherboard has a DVD drive or rarely an USB stick with drivers, that should include LAN drivers. Windows may also install the LAN driver automatically.

But it is best practice to get everything you need on an USB drive beforehand, better safe than sorry.