Drivers problem For DVD burner

Simooon19

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Hey! I will start up this poll like every other person!
I have a problem, I recently upgraded my computer to Windows 7.
I have a pretty old DVD/CD Burner/reader and it won't get recognized by The computer in the new OS.
I have searched for Drivers but I can't find any for Windows 7.

Specs:
Motherboard: Asus P5k Premium
Memory: DDR2 5120 Mbytes
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2,40 GHZ
DVD Burner/reader : GSA-H58N

Simon

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
you should not need a driver, can you see the drive if you go to, Start in the bottom left(circle with the Windows logo), when it opens, on the right side, left click on computer, if you don't let me know, are you computer literate?

Simooon19

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010

The Burner wont show up on the Computer. it's like the computer don't see it. And I have checked all the cables to the PC.
I'm not a computer pro but I understand alot:)!

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
OK, go to START,Computer, when the window open, the Left, find some clean area on the left side and right mouse click,check Show all folders, you'll see the drive then, , Win7 hides the drives if they are not used, not one of the smartest moves( I think it cause a lot of anxiety attacks when people can't find CD/DVD drives after they open Windows Explorer) otherwise put a disk in it and it is viewable

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009

Because Windows 7 may "hide" the drive if not in use -- have you attempted to insert a CD / DVD to see if the drive will show up then?

Have you verified that your BIOS is picking it up?

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Simooon19

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010

When I insert a CD in the reader I can hear that it starts to spin, but nothing happen in the OS.
When I switch back to Windows XP my CD reader works.
But not in Windows 7.
And BIOS is picking it up.

Sorry for the late response:)

Simooon19

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010

I tried it. It wont show up.
But in XP the driver was named E:// but now in Windows 7 my harddrive is named e://.
Can that be the problem? If so how do I change the name?