Question Drives constant crash - 2 - M.2 drives

Remy_67

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I currently have two M.2 Samsung 970s running on my hero8 wifi.

Drive 1 (Work Drive) contains a plain Window 10 install for which I use for work.
Drive 2 (Gaming Drive) has Win 10 Pro and I use it for gaming only.

Drive 1 is the main priority in the boot so when I go to game, I use F8 and choose my gaming drive. I have had numerous issues with BSODs completely wipe my drive. Chkdsk sometimes makes it crash, which I have turned off but every windows update turns it back on. I have had to do complete reinstalls so many times I'm about to throw this thing.

Is there some kind of conflict going back and forth on 2 different Windows drives?

I currently have two M.2 Samsung 970s running on my hero8 wifi.

Drive 1 (Work Drive) contains a plain Window 10 install for which I use for work.
Drive 2 (Gaming Drive) has Win 10 Pro and I use it for gaming only.

Drive 1 is the main priority in the boot so when I go to game, I use F8 and choose my gaming drive. I have had numerous issues with BSODs completely wipe my drive. Chkdsk sometimes makes it crash, which I have turned off but every windows update turns it back on. I have had to do complete reinstalls so many times I'm about to throw this thing.

Is there some kind of conflict going back and forth on 2 different Windows drives?
I don't have your bios so based on my bios I not only have the ability to select the boot device but also to disable a device which makes it vanish from the boot order.

If you have that option perhaps disable the drive your not using.

Remy_67

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
so if you only have the gaming drive. it doesn't cause issue?
I could do that but that seems like a lot to do just to be able to switch drives. I toggle from them both daily and going into my bios to shut the other one off, seems a bit dramatic and not really getting to the root of the issue, it's bypassing it.