Question Driving me crazy

Oct 16, 2024
Hello, I have a GE76 Raider with a 280 Watt power supply made by Chicony. I bought an extra Chicony power supply, same 280 watt output. I bought it on eBay but the seller sent the wrong unit. The tip is wrong. My GE76 takes a tip that is a rectangular USB type tip. This tip is round and has four little holes inside it. This is the information I see on the back of the brick:
chicony model A18-280p1a , UP/N A280A004P
Every time I look this up, I see units with the USB-tip that I need. But this one is round, with a little notch in the side, and four holes in the middle of the tip. What I want is an adapter that will make this usable with my GE76. The wattage is right and it's even the same brand, but I cannot find an adapter tip that is USB male on one end and, what, male? on the end with the four round holes???
It's driving me mad. Any help possible? I have looked at lots of kits with many adapter tips and poured through pictures of them, and none of them are the right fit. I don't even know what to call this. By my caliper, the round end of the tip is 9.8 mm in outer diameter.
Thanks for any ideas.
Open photo
Open photo