Dropbox Teams Up With Microsoft; Amazon Offering Free Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon gives you so much with the Prime membership now. Unlimited photos? From a home user standpoint, it's my primary reason for seeking a cloud storage provider. I was just about to lock myself into the Office365 subscription for the TB of storage that's included. Now, as a Prime member, I don't have to.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I am a student and my school has a contract that allows all of us to have Office 365 for free on 5 computers and 5 devices, which is awesome. This news is even better because every single one of my systems and phones has dropbox.

Office 365 makes saving to the same location over and over somewhat troubling compared to how easy they make it for the OneDrive. If they can have dropbox set as a default location that would be great. Right now dropbox is simply a folder that must be located when doing a "save as" but its nice to see them working together.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Very cool of MS to do that!
It benefits MS too because it guarantees full official Dropbox support for all of Microsoft's devices, including their smartphones. So it's good for MS, Dropbox, and their collective users. Win.
Amazon gives you so much with the Prime membership now. Unlimited photos? From a home user standpoint, it's my primary reason for seeking a cloud storage provider. I was just about to lock myself into the Office365 subscription for the TB of storage that's included. Now, as a Prime member, I don't have to.
I like Amazon Prime and I think they have a lot to offer. But... a meager 1TB? You're a little behind, my friend. Office 365 subscribers are getting a bit more than that in the coming days.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-one-drive-storage-office-365-subscription,27963.html

universal remonster

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011

Actually, Microsoft is now giving unlimited space for One Drive with an Office 365 subscription, and it is not just limited to photo storage. http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/27/microsoft-office-365-onedrive-unlimited/

I see that and it's great but what is the 'wait in line' mentality for? Just give people the unlimited space. Amazon doesn't say certain Prime Members who check this box will be the first to get unlimited photo storage. Amazon says all Prime Members get unlimited photo storage. Why the waitlist for MS Office365 Home users?

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Honestly, the only thing stopping Microsoft from doing things like this are competitors who don't want to work with Microsoft. They will put Office on a Macintosh even though Macs compete with their OS. Something like Cloud storage that Microsoft already gives for free is not really something that will hold them back. Just means they save some money on storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.