Question Dropping FPS with new GPU

Mar 1, 2019
Recently built my PC and I stream everyday now since I have this new PC. Before I started streaming again I would just play games offline and noticed the FPS drops.

I have been noticing FPS drops (btw I play fortnite) all my settings are at the lowest settings but the thing is when I'm in a build fight my frames go to shit BUT only when I'm looking towards a big city in the game. FOR ex: (Tilted Towers or Retail Row)

Also another example is when I'm on a mountain and looking for a team or just spotting my FPS is dropped to about 90-100 and my FPS is capped at 165. My friend has the same GPU and is capped at 200 FPS and has NO issues what so ever.

I'm starting to think it could be a faulty GPU maybe but I'm not certain.

I've checked the temps and they are perfectly fine, I have downloaded the latest drivers, also I turned off any unnecessary background apps on Windows none of these have helped!

GPU:
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 DirectX 12 RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Sorry I've not been checking the forums much.

What resolution are you playing at? Online play can vary a lot. But you should be seeing more fps than you are currently.

What driver version are you running?
I would suggest you update them.

What software are you using to stream?

Do you play any other games?

Lastly what speed is your internet connection?

Generic fixes are
Download most recent drivers
Uninstall drivers
Reboot
Install new drivers
Reboot
Try again.

Uninstall the game
Reboot
Reinstall

Mar 1, 2019
Sorry I've not been checking the forums much.

What resolution are you playing at? Online play can vary a lot. But you should be seeing more fps than you are currently.

What driver version are you running?
I would suggest you update them.

What software are you using to stream?

Do you play any other games?

Lastly what speed is your internet connection?

Generic fixes are
Download most recent drivers
Uninstall drivers
Reboot
Install new drivers
Reboot
Try again.

Uninstall the game
Reboot
Reinstall

1350x1080 is my current res on Fortnite, im running the latest driver, Using OBS, I play csgo here and there and Battlefield 5 here and there no FPS drops either one of those games, my down is 290 my up is 20 sometimes lag spike at random times ive tried all those to sorry for getting back to you so late