[SOLVED] Drunk mouse in Windows 11 ?

deadend41

Reputable
Mar 26, 2020
Hi all,
My problem is simple but apparently nobody else posted anything about it as far as I know.
Soo my mouse appears to be drunk. Like having a software weight. Starts to move after my hand and it stops after my hand. It keeps happening even after restart. Removed all my usb driver rebooted and again.
Then it disappeared as it appeared on its own.
I am very confused and I cannot make any sense of this. The only changes to my configuration is the GPU, the monitor is a 50 inch TV (my monitor blew up because of the electric company) and that's it. It happens even on other moves I plug in.
Please help

Specs:
GPU 1050 TI
Motherboard MSI b550m pro-vdh WiFi.
16 GB RAM (cannot remember and cannot see vendor without unmounting CPU cooler)
CPU Ryzen 5 3600
SSD Adata sx6000pnp 256 GB
Seagate 1TB st1000dm003
PSU 850W MSI MPG A850GF
Mouse Canyon cnd-sgm6n

Last edited:
Reactions: madaraosenpai

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your mouse? Does the same issue crop up on another system with the same drivers? You've stated being on Windows 11 and that you made what I presume a GPU and display upgrade? If so, did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) to later manually install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard?

Reactions: madaraosenpai

deadend41

Reputable
Mar 26, 2020
Make and model of your mouse? Does the same issue crop up on another system with the same drivers? You've stated being on Windows 11 and that you made what I presume a GPU and display upgrade? If so, did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) to later manually install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

I will give this info in a few hours. Not at home now but I used DDU and later I had to completely wipe my entire drive and reinstall windows.
I suppose you already tried reverting this change first?
edit: lutfij beat me to it
I cannot revert this change

madaraosenpai

Honorable
Oct 27, 2018
I will give this info in a few hours. Not at home now but I used DDU and later I had to completely wipe my entire drive and reinstall windows.

I cannot revert this change
What exactly did you change? Do you mean you replaced the whole video card? I was under the impression you only changed the video driver version or some kind of setting but you weren't very clear.

There's very little that can be changed and can't be undone somehow, you'll have to elaborate for me.

deadend41

Reputable
Mar 26, 2020
What exactly did you change? Do you mean you replaced the whole video card? I was under the impression you only changed the video driver version or some kind of setting but you weren't very clear.

There's very little that can be changed and can't be undone somehow, you'll have to elaborate for me.
The old card is sold and I have 1050 ti now.
I remember my motherboard being MSI b550m pro-vdh WiFi.
CPU is Ryzen 5 3600
I have both SSD which has the os and HDD.
And since I am not pushing stuff my PSU I 800 Watts I think
The mouse is canyon cnd-sgm6n got the receipt.

deadend41

Reputable
Mar 26, 2020

I just checked. I have the latest BIOS version.
I think I might try windows 10 today and see if it helps...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

The mouse behaviour suggests, to me, that the input from the mouse being physically moved is either:

1) being buffered somewhere and delayed or

2) causing some other process to execute first.

Use Task Manager, Resource Monitor and Process Explorer (Microsoft, free) to observe system performance.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

= = = =

Run all three tools but only one tool at a time.

Open the tool window and leave the tool window open so you can watch what is happening.

Then open whatever app or game is most likely to cause the drunken mouse behavior.

Do nothing at first. Once the system is steady ( nothing changing) then move the mouse and watch for what changes.

May take a bit of trial and error to discover what, if anything, changes...

Possibly something running in the background or being triggered when the mouse moves.

deadend41

Reputable
Mar 26, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

The mouse behaviour suggests, to me, that the input from the mouse being physically moved is either:

1) being buffered somewhere and delayed or

2) causing some other process to execute first.

Use Task Manager, Resource Monitor and Process Explorer (Microsoft, free) to observe system performance.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

= = = =

Run all three tools but only one tool at a time.

Open the tool window and leave the tool window open so you can watch what is happening.

Then open whatever app or game is most likely to cause the drunken mouse behavior.

Do nothing at first. Once the system is steady ( nothing changing) then move the mouse and watch for what changes.

May take a bit of trial and error to discover what, if anything, changes...

Possibly something running in the background or being triggered when the mouse moves.

I just did a clean install of windows 10.
Problem still persists.
I think it might be due to the BIOS update I did in January.
Going to check bios settings before thinking of something else.

deadend41

Reputable
Mar 26, 2020
How was the clean install done?

= = = =

If nothing found in BIOS then use the three tools.

Objective being to discover or otherwise identify what Windows is doing (trying to do) when the mouse lags.
Erased everything and repartitioned both drives.
Last night I switched a few BIOS versions and came back to the last. With each version I tried the problem got smaller and smaller. For now it appears to be negligible.
Since I won't be home this weekend I am going to provide an update on Tuesday night.
I cannot understand why switching versions made it better but never cleared the problem completely or maybe I got use to the way it was moving before the first bios change.
Whatever it might be I will provide the update

deadend41

Reputable
Mar 26, 2020
Sorry for not answering a few days back. Had a family emergency but everything is fine now.
The lag remains but it's better. I am trying the tools in the morning. I am going to sleep!

deadend41

Reputable
Mar 26, 2020
I've used all three tools. Nothing, absolutely nothing appears out of the ordinary.....
My only remaining reason is this new GPU not liking the motherboard or something. I pretty much made peace with it.....
By the way it got way worse..... Going to try Linux these days not expecting anything to change....

Ralston18

Titan
Very possible that in the interim some update or specific fix occurred and resolved the problem.

Take advantage of the game playing "lull" to make note of current system configuration settings, clear logs, backup, etc..

Then when the lull ends hopefully all will be well.

If not then you can take a look at the configuration settings and thus discover what changed.

Will mark thread as solved.

TRENDING THREADS