[SOLVED] DSL to Fiber

tbarzee

Commendable
Apr 22, 2019
So I recently switched from DSL to Fiber and the wireless connection has been a bit poor downstairs. I do have the DSL wall jacks in every room. Is it possible to use a dsl to cat5 adapter for these wall jacks so I can just wire in whenever I need to? Or is this simply not how it works?

Solution
Maybe but you have to get lucky.

The wires for DSL are phone wires. Now sometimes they use ethernet cable but even that is not that simple. Many times phone jacks are wires daisy chain. Ethernet are point to point.

SO
If all the wire run to 1 central location and the wire is ethernet you likely can switch the jacks out on each end for rj45.

The wires for DSL are phone wires. Now sometimes they use ethernet cable but even that is not that simple. Many times phone jacks are wires daisy chain. Ethernet are point to point.

SO
If all the wire run to 1 central location and the wire is ethernet you likely can switch the jacks out on each end for rj45.

Solution

tbarzee

Commendable
Apr 22, 2019

SO
The fiber was installed at the base box outside of the house. The dsl wire box is in the basement downstairs. So i guess it would work then?