[SOLVED] DSR Outputting Wrong Refresh Rate

Mar 9, 2020
I have a couple games running with DSR on my Dell 1440p165hz monitor. I can't seem to get it to run at 165hz, it keeps dropping down to 60hz when I select a DSR resolution in-game.

If I change my resolution in the NVIDIA Control Panel it works but I really don't want to set the resolution EVERY TIME before I start my game. That gets annoying real quick.

Clean install of drivers didn't work. Running the latest NVIDIA drivers (using a 2060) and I'm connected via DP. Does anyone know what to do?

Solution
Seems it's a common problem between it possibly being a mixed case of; Game's engine vs Windows vs DSR (maybe vs Gsync?) vs Fullscreen/Borderless.

Setting desktop resolution might be the only way for now. Maybe turn off fullscreen optimisation for the particular game under compatibility properties.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Seems it's a common problem between it possibly being a mixed case of; Game's engine vs Windows vs DSR (maybe vs Gsync?) vs Fullscreen/Borderless.

Setting desktop resolution might be the only way for now. Maybe turn off fullscreen optimisation for the particular game under compatibility properties.

Solution