Dual 1080ti b450/x470

Feb 3, 2019
Im in the process of building a new pc with a dual 1080 ti, Ryzen 5 2600, 1000W PSU, 970 M.2, 1TB HDD, and I am currently stuck at the motherboard.

My setup is for a 3D Rendering / 3D texturing workflow on dual GPU. I dont plan on doing any OC or using a SLI.

Two questions:

Will I benefit more from a x8/x8 in 3.0 or more from a x16/x16 but in 3.0/2.0 PCI-e?

Is there a motherboard that would work best for such a setup in the mid price range ($150 max)?

Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
You're better off getting the single most powerful GPU your wallet can afford and also drop down on the PSU. I'd be doing that if I were you. I'm an architect by profession and unless you're looking at a rendering farm, there's no point in going for multiple GPU's ofc, if you want to make it double as a room heater - for that you have the high end AMD GPU's.

NOt bashing AMD, just stating that you can do what you want with one powerful GPU and be economical about it.

You also need to mention the sort of apps you will tax the system with. FYI, don't add an etc to that sentence.

Feb 3, 2019
In terms of dual GPUs, I have tested dual 1080tis on an Intel MB, and am currently going for the AMD setup ( will upgrade cpu to the Zen2 series at the end of the year). So basically the dual Ti will stay for sure.