Dual BIOS replacement?

tomhorn1850

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Well, the deal is do I NEED to replace BOTH chips? That is my question please. I could write a few pages how asooos support are the sorriest on the planet how they said to send the serial # of the mobo in and then I could send it to them but then the sorry sob's LIED TO ME and I never heard from them again. I could mention it DOES NOT have EzFlash when it says it does at post and I could go on and on and on. But then, who needs to hear that. I just want my question answered please. Do I NEED to replace BOTH chips??????????????? Oh and it is Nasiheka C and Marc at Asoooooos. Yes I am abit po'd after three weeks of the people at Asooooooooos!
Just the one little question please, "Both chips or no both chips replaCEMENT?

Solution
Both chips need replacing because if only one was bad the other one would take over, that's why there are two of them. If they are soft bricked then they can be reprogrammed without replacing them but that needs specialized equipment. No manufacturer will honor warranty if problem is user induced like in flashing BIOS is done wrong
Both chips need replacing because if only one was bad the other one would take over, that's why there are two of them. If they are soft bricked then they can be reprogrammed without replacing them but that needs specialized equipment. No manufacturer will honor warranty if problem is user induced like in flashing BIOS is done wrong

Solution

tomhorn1850

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

Thank you Mike I was just needing confirmation on that I have many different advise on the issue I do really appreciate it.

MERGED QUESTION
Question from tomhorn1850 : "Dual BIOS replacing chip(s) replace both?"

EZflash is just a program that can run in DOS. If you can't find it in the BIOS (or the copy on the chip is corrupted), then it's easy enough to just copy it to and run it from a bootable USB stick also holding the BIOS file.

The manual flashing tool EZflash has nothing to do with Crashfree BIOS 3 which is intended for use when the board can't even POST. If the board POSTs and the chip is writable, then there is certainly no reason to replace a perfectly working chip. That's like thinking you have to replace the HDD when you want to install a newer Windows.

It is often the case that EZflash cannot be accessed from within the BIOS but requires a specific key pressed on bootup (not the same one used to enter the BIOS). The POST message should say what key that is.