Question Dual boot both windows 10 cannot get into primary os

Nov 19, 2020
Hello, So I am dual booting 2 copies of windows 10. I installed the 2nd one a few months ago due to being unable to fix crashing in a particular game which has been working fine. Both copies of windows are on separate ssds. Usually when I boot I get the blue selection screen asking which os I want to boot into. Today when I turned on my pc I got the spinning windows loading icon with my motherboards logo as usual except it never stopped. Just kept spinning for several minutes. Re booting gets me into the auto recovery screen where I can choose to boot into another os and selecting my 2nd os install works just fine, However after 100's of reboots and trying everything I can think of I cannot boot into my main windows install.

Things I have tried so far are running the bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd commands in command prompt, Re setting bios to defaults, Disabling fast boot in my bios, Running the windows startup repair, Trying to boot into primary os from recovery page, Removing 1 stick of ram and trying different slots, Safe mode also does not work.

All of the files on my primary install drive are accessible from the other os from what I can tell. Not sure what else to try at this point. If anyone has any suggestions as to what the issue might be Id love to hear.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do both have their own boot partitions? sounds to me like they don't.

can you show us a screenshot of disk management? showing all the columns in top and bottom section, upload to an image sharing website and show link here.

Win 10 not really designed to dual boot itself. I have seen problems like this before

Have you had any windows updates recently on the OS that does work? its possible its over written the details for one of the OS.

what happens if you remove the working ssd? problem with all those commands is they might be running on the working os, and not fixing the one that you can't get into.