[SOLVED] Dual channel does not work, after changing processor

Apr 5, 2022
A few days ago I bought a Ryzen 7PRO 4750G and it works really well. It caught my attention that with the old processor the memories work in dual channel, and now they don't. Attached photos of the cpu-z data
yGqCEPx.jpg

Mobo: Asrock A320M-HDV R4.0
RAM: 2x ADATA DDR4 2666 PC4-21300 8GB

Solution
well it shows you 2x 64bit, that is dual channel
that application just changed the way how it shows it, you could robably install older version if you dont like this change
it got probably changed due to DDR5 design, single DDR5 module is 2x32bit while ddr4 or older is 1x 64bit

no XMP? 1333MHz seems to be default SPD clock, quite a bit slow for "G" ryzen

btw you uncore frequency is half of your RAM speed, this can create performance degradation, you might want to enter BIOS setup and change uncore OC mode there while also seting up infinity fabric to your ram clock (1333MHz as of now without XMP, rise it alongside with XMP clock)
well it shows you 2x 64bit, that is dual channel
that application just changed the way how it shows it, you could robably install older version if you dont like this change
it got probably changed due to DDR5 design, single DDR5 module is 2x32bit while ddr4 or older is 1x 64bit

no XMP? 1333MHz seems to be default SPD clock, quite a bit slow for "G" ryzen

btw you uncore frequency is half of your RAM speed, this can create performance degradation, you might want to enter BIOS setup and change uncore OC mode there while also seting up infinity fabric to your ram clock (1333MHz as of now without XMP, rise it alongside with XMP clock)

Last edited:
Reactions: hernang
Solution
Apr 5, 2022
Thank you very much. You just returned my soul to my body ahaha I downloaded the previous application and if it appears in dual.
mfQBr0W.jpg

I don't know much about touching BIOS. only the basics. I don't have an XMP profile because they are generic 2666 ADATA memories.