Question Dual channel memory (4 DIMMS) on H670-PRO WiFi D4 (Problem)

Sep 7, 2022
Ater installing 4 sticks of 8Gb patriot steel viper 3200MHz (PVS416G320C6K) in my H670-PRO the best i can get without crashing is 3000MHz at base timings 19-19-19-43, XMP 1 and 2 crashes (bootloop or maybe 3 seconds on the desktop and crash). With the same ram in dual channel no problem, xmp 2 works flawlessly at 3200MHz 16-20-20-40. I have the latest motherboard bios and already reseated all ram sticks. How can i get xmp working in quad channel? reseating the cpu (i5-12400) is worth? Also the ram i got isnt in the supported list of the motherboard BUT i hope they add this model in the future with new bios updates considering thats a "new" motherboard.

kanewolf

Titan
Ater installing 4 sticks of 8Gb patriot steel viper 3200MHz (PVS416G320C6K) in my H670-PRO the best i can get without crashing is 3000MHz at base timings 19-19-19-43, XMP 1 and 2 crashes (bootloop or maybe 3 seconds on the desktop and crash). With the same ram in dual channel no problem, xmp 2 works flawlessly at 3200MHz 16-20-20-40. I have the latest motherboard bios and already reseated all ram sticks. How can i get xmp working in quad channel? reseating the cpu (i5-12400) is worth? Also the ram i got isnt in the supported list of the motherboard BUT i hope they add this model in the future with new bios updates considering thats a "new" motherboard.
There is no "quad channel". The CPU is dual channel. That is all you get.
Four DIMMs are less likely to reach high clock speed.
Were thebfour DIMMs a single set or two sets?

Sep 7, 2022
There is no guarantee that two sets will work togather. You can try adding a couple hundreths of a volt (0.01). Since you didn't buy a single matched set you are responsible for mstching.

Ok now i start to understand the problem and the worst part is that in cpuz one set is reported as samsung dies and the other micron...damn

kanewolf

Titan
Ok now i start to understand the problem and the worst part is that in cpuz one set is reported as samsung dies and the other micron...damn
Now YOU have to play with it to try to get them to play nice. Matched sets are sold for a reason. The manufacturer guarantees the work as a set.
If you had asked this question BEFORE purchase, you would have gotten the same advice, and the recommendation to buy 2x16GB and sell your 2x8GB.

Sep 7, 2022
Now YOU have to play with it to try to get them to play nice. Matched sets are sold for a reason. The manufacturer guarantees the work as a set.
If you had asked this question BEFORE purchase, you would have gotten the same advice, and the recommendation to buy 2x16GB and sell your 2x8GB.

ok thanks a lot for these super quick answers, i will try as you said!!

TRENDING THREADS