Question Dual channel with different memory timings

May 18, 2021
So, I have my current build since almost year and a half ago and since my 8 GB RAM are lacking for certain uses I decided to upgrade my memory.

The problem is that I can't find the same model that I have installed in my build, apparently they aren't being sold anymore at least in my country, so I had to search for other different options to meet my needings.
So, the memory i have currently installed is a single stick of "Mushkin MES4U266KF8G", a 2666 MHz DDR4 whose timings are 19-19-19-43, and the most similar I could find online was the "Micron Crucial CT8G4DFS8266", featuring also 8 GB and 2666 MHz, but manufacturer hasn't ever specified its tRAS timing, besides the other 3 are 19 ms as in my current, i don't think the other value coincides.

So my question is, could I run both sticks in dual channel besides the tRAS timing is different? Some people say it will bring incompabilities but some other says it should run with no problems since one of them will be automatically downgraded to the slower one levels.

(note: I know neither the current nor the planned future ram are from the best brand and quality, im in latin america so my economic possibilities aren't too much, market is very different and limited here so this post isn't asking for suggestions about other sticks)

So, I have my current build since almost year and a half ago and since my 8 GB RAM are lacking for certain uses I decided to upgrade my memory.

The problem is that I can't find the same model that I have installed in my build, apparently they aren't being sold anymore at least in my country, so I had to search for other different options to meet my needings.
So, the memory i have currently installed is a single stick of "Mushkin MES4U266KF8G", a 2666 MHz DDR4 whose timings are 19-19-19-43, and the most similar I could find online was the "Micron Crucial CT8G4DFS8266", featuring also 8 GB and 2666 MHz, but manufacturer hasn't ever specified its tRAS timing, besides the other 3 are 19 ms as in my current, i don't think the other value coincides.

So my question is, could I run both sticks in dual channel besides the tRAS timing is different? Some people say it will bring incompabilities but some other says it should run with no problems since one of them will be automatically downgraded to the slower one levels.

(note: I know neither the current nor the planned future ram are from the best brand and quality, im in latin america so my economic possibilities aren't too much, market is very different and limited here so this post isn't asking for suggestions about other sticks)
Flip a coin as to the 2 sticks playing nice together.
Make sure of the return policy and then try it.