Dual Curved Monitor Setup: Practical or Impractical?

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
I'll start by saying that I've never used a curved monitor, but the concept intrigues me.

Would two curved monitors lined up side by side be practical for a dual monitor setup, or would the viewing angle become too sharp for a quality experience?

Inquiring minds wish to know! :) If anyone has any experience, I would love hearing some first hand input. For the sake of the question, assume any missing information and (if relevant) state it in your reply

Thank you in advance for your time and input!

Solution
Two side by side curved monitors, in my opinion, would be far to large of a curve, it would wrap around quite a bit.
Curved are good for ultrawide, single monitor setups.
What size are we talking about?
A curved monitor improves the viewing angle.
If you have an ips type panel, you will have a very good 178/178 viewing angle.
I think one is better off without a bezel in the center.
A single wider 35" curved monitor might be better.

The width available on your desk may be an issue.
If this is for a trading system display, consider a wall mount in an over/under configuration.

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
Thanks for the answers :) The responses so far are mostly inline with what I was worried about - primarily the being too much of a curve and wrapping too far around to be comfortable. It might work well for office applications for juggling spreadsheets/databases/etc, but honestly, I think a regular flat monitor setup would work better. Gaming is, like TJ Hooker said, hindered by the bezel. I imagine the same would be true of movies/etc. Unless the monitors have super thin to the point of non-existence bezels, it just isn't practical.

The impression I'm getting is that curved monitors are only "better" than flat monitors for single display setups and only under certain situations which would necessitate the viewing angle difference.

One thing to say though that geofelt brought up is the over/under configuration. That configuration would work really well with dual monitors I think. I hadn't even considered that they didn't have to be side by side.

Thanks a lot guys!

Sep 26, 2019
Just wondering if anyone has tried two curved monitors with a traditional rectangular (or flat straight monitor however you call it) in the middle? The outer edges of the three monitors together might push observable stuff to the periphery of vision. On the other hand if they weren't big monitors it might provide a large field to work with and be better than three straight monitors side by side. Just wondering what someone with experience with the curved monitors thinks? Thanks. This is my first post on Tom's Hardware and always learn something here.