Dual display problem

kazkasneto

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
Hey,
I can`t fine the way how to connect seconds monitor to my computer. Maybe some of you will have any ideas.
My PC is running on GeForce GTX 960 with monitor PHILIPS 278C4QHSN Gioco 27" via HDMI cable.
Now I bought another monitor Lenovo L24q-10 24" and can`t connect it to same graphic card via DP cable. Windows/NVIDIA Control panel just don`t see Lenovo monitor...

Tried to remove primary one and leave only Lenovo via DP but nothing. It`s like no monitor connected.
Tried to swich Lenovo with HDMI cable ( instead of main one ) and it`s working fine and can connect.
Tried to connect same Lenovo monitor to my laptop - no problems. I get dual screen and can work.

To me looks like my graphic card does not like DP ports ( drivers updated via GeForce experience to newest with fresh re-install ).

What else can be checked/tried?
Thanks a lot for the help!

Solution
Try connecting via DVI-D or HDMI output. You have plenty of options on GTX 960. Same GPUs just don't like some monitors via DP. I've tried connecting mDP to DP on HP ZR2440 with no luck but I didn't have any problems with connection of HP Z24i. I have no idea why, maybe different DP versions (1, 1.2, 1.4), I don't know.

unikinqay

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
Try connecting via DVI-D or HDMI output. You have plenty of options on GTX 960. Same GPUs just don't like some monitors via DP. I've tried connecting mDP to DP on HP ZR2440 with no luck but I didn't have any problems with connection of HP Z24i. I have no idea why, maybe different DP versions (1, 1.2, 1.4), I don't know.

Solution

kazkasneto

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
Yep you were right. It`s just my computer/monitor does not like DP ports.
Once switched old one to DVI and new one to HDMI, Windows immediately sees both monitors.

Thanks!