[SOLVED] dual Kraken X63 - 2080Ti & Intel 10850K

Nov 15, 2020
Hi there!

I have a question concerning NZXT X63 aio's and their use in my case.

At the moment I have a Phanteks P600S case which houses an Intel 10850K and a vertically mounted MSI Ventus 2080ti (loud!) and the case has room for an X63 in the front and one in the top.
The one in the front will have 4 x 140mm's push/pull.
The one in the top will have 2 x 140mm's either push or pull (because there's no room for push/pull)

I'm going to run the fans on the AIO's on a very low RPM (+/- 650) because I don't use headphones and I want my computer to be absolutely silent.

Now I'm wondering 2 things:
  1. Which loop is better for which component? (which needs the better cooling from push/pull the most?)
  2. For the top rad, do I use push or pull?

I'm using the computer mostly for gaming and I do a little light overclocking on the CPU (not the gpu).

I'd love your insights in the matter!

Thanks in advance!

Solution
1)The 2080Ti will benefit from the hybrid cooler more.
The purpose of push-pull is lower noise operation. It has no real performance advantage over the other 2 - and because it adds another potential variable of error, it's even possible for the user to make push-pull worse than the other 2.
Pull does have an edge over push in chassis with panel choke points, because it's positioned further away from said choke point, giving it more 'breathing room'.
The performance difference between push and pull is minor as well, though push produces more turbulent airflow through the rad, while pull is more uniform exiting the rad.
This doesn't mean much on its own; think of what it means for your other components.

Ehh, do whichever one you want...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)The 2080Ti will benefit from the hybrid cooler more.
The purpose of push-pull is lower noise operation. It has no real performance advantage over the other 2 - and because it adds another potential variable of error, it's even possible for the user to make push-pull worse than the other 2.
Pull does have an edge over push in chassis with panel choke points, because it's positioned further away from said choke point, giving it more 'breathing room'.
The performance difference between push and pull is minor as well, though push produces more turbulent airflow through the rad, while pull is more uniform exiting the rad.
This doesn't mean much on its own; think of what it means for your other components.

Ehh, do whichever one you want.

2)Also minor; do whichever one you want. It's more important that the air is getting out that way, period.

3)It's more important that air is going in and going out effectively, and that the airways aren't being choked/strained by the chassis.

Solution