Dual monitor and games

G

I am interested in hooking up a second monitor to my computer. The purpose is so I can play a game (wolfenstein) on one monitor and be on the internet on the other following the walk through. Is it possible to do both at the same time?
I would be using a second video card via a pci slot to connect the second monitor.
Any help would be helpful.

G

If you will look before posting you might notice the forum little up from here titled "Graphic cards"

Over there the forum deal exactly in that - Display cards.
This forum is for video capture cards and TV cards.

Intel / AMD - <A HREF="http://www.llnl.gov/asci/news/white_news.html" target="_new">IBM are still the best</A>

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
Yes it'll work. I've heard of people doing this and even knew one person who had an AGP and a PCI card to use 2 monitors. I've never set it up myself though, so I can't help you there. I also don't recommend mixing ATI with any other non-ATI video card, as they just wind up fighting for control.

Also, many video cards have "dual head" or "Hydra Vision" or "Twinview" features which allow you to run 2 monitors from just one video card. Don't get a Geforce 3 or earlier nVidia card with this feature, as they can only display to one monitor at a time (you can hook up as many monitors/TV's as you want, but can only use one at a time). The GeForce 4 fixed that, and is capable of simultaneous display to 2 monitors. ATI and Matrox have been able to do that for years.

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.

slickstaa

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2002
my friend runs has two monitors and a tv hooked up to his comp. Sometimes he runs glitch free with games, but other times u cna crash ur sys. It all depends on the game and ur video out card. GOOD LUCK!

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ATI card works fine with non-ATI video card. My friend have an P2 400 with Matrox G200 on his system and I added an ATI All-in-Wonder 128 pro to his system. Both card work great on his sytem.

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
Sorry, I should have said that ATI and nVidia cards don't co-exist very well. As far as I know Matrox can co-exist very well with either one. Kinda makes you wonder if ATI and nVidia are doing it on purpose doesn't it?

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.

TRENDING THREADS