[SOLVED] dual monitor display from different VGA & DVI PORTS

Jan 27, 2021
I have 2 monitors only one has a VGA input. The other has a HDMI input but no VGA input. The PC motherboard has both VGA and dvi ports. Is it possible to connect both monitors for separate displays simultaneously. F2A55M-DS2 (rev 3.0) motherboard . No graphics card .

Solution
Seems you already figured it out by yourself. There are plenty of video output conversion adapters available in retail for cases like yours. If your display/monitor/TV resolution does not exceed 1080p and you don't want some specific features like variable refresh rate (FreeSync, G-Sync) then almost all of them works.

I would more like VGA -> VGA monitor and DVI -> HDMI monitor. VGA out is already analog video and conversion to digital (HDMI) will not make it better. And HDMI is the same DVI plus audio. Less to convert and cheaper cables/adapters.
I have 2 monitors only one has a VGA input. The other has a HDMI input but no VGA input. The PC motherboard has both VGA and dvi ports. Is it possible to connect both monitors for separate displays simultaneously. F2A55M-DS2 (rev 3.0) motherboard . No graphics card .
There are adapter for all combinations. VGA monitor can stay plugged in but DVI out needs an adapter to HDMI.

Jan 27, 2021
There are adapter for all combinations. VGA monitor can stay plugged in but DVI out needs an adapter to HDMI.
Thanks, I probably wasn't clear about connecting, what I was really wondering was whether it was possible to have two displaying monitors at the same time and each being connected as this :
Monitor A; Dvi pc to Hdmi (Ihave adapter)
0r even
Dvi to Dvi
71G3nykXZ0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Monitor B; VGA pc to Hdmi (also have adapter/cable)

attached images of items which I'd like to use if possible .
61N02JjlykL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
71sfTZBnIPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021
Thanks, I probably wasn't clear about connecting, what I was really wondering was whether it was possible to have two displaying monitors at the same time and each being connected as this :
Monitor A; Dvi pc to Hdmi (Ihave adapter)
0r even
Dvi to Dvi
71G3nykXZ0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Monitor B; VGA pc to Hdmi (also have adapter/cable)

attached images of items which I'd like to use if possible .
61N02JjlykL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
71sfTZBnIPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Seems you already figured it out by yourself. There are plenty of video output conversion adapters available in retail for cases like yours. If your display/monitor/TV resolution does not exceed 1080p and you don't want some specific features like variable refresh rate (FreeSync, G-Sync) then almost all of them works.

I would more like VGA -> VGA monitor and DVI -> HDMI monitor. VGA out is already analog video and conversion to digital (HDMI) will not make it better. And HDMI is the same DVI plus audio. Less to convert and cheaper cables/adapters.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution

That's my opinion too. More direct connection the better.