[SOLVED] dual monitor display problem

joel jr catapang

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
hello guys i have 1- 24inch monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080 (144hz) and 1-20 inch with a resolution of 1600x900 (60hz), so my problem is that my 2nd monitor which is the 20inch have a default 1024x768 (recommended) only and everytime i change the resolution to 1600x900 it's just go black screen and saying that auto adjusting recommended setting 1600x900 and go back to 1024x768 resolution, Any solutions to my problem?
Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Asus strix b450 f gaming
Rx 570 4gb

Solution
Those adapters are unidirectional - work in one direction only. Signal goes from graphics card to monitor (not the other way).

So you need HDMI to VGA adapter (not VGA to HDMI) or
DP to VGA adapter (not VGA to DP).

Your current HDMI to VGA adapter has failed (or it doesn't support required resolution for your monitor).
Either get new one HDMI->VGA or DP->VGA adapter.

joel jr catapang

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
Benq q200? Operating table? :) Can't find any info on monitor with such model name.

It's most likely hdmi to vga adapter at fault there.

Does the monitor have any other video inputs (other than vga)?
no more only vga connector that's why i bought a converter to hdmi so i can use it on my gpu, so do i need to buy vga to dp converter connector? or i can't do anything about it?

Those adapters are unidirectional - work in one direction only. Signal goes from graphics card to monitor (not the other way).

So you need HDMI to VGA adapter (not VGA to HDMI) or
DP to VGA adapter (not VGA to DP).

Your current HDMI to VGA adapter has failed (or it doesn't support required resolution for your monitor).
Either get new one HDMI->VGA or DP->VGA adapter.

Solution