Question Dual monitor setup not working properly

May 8, 2020
Hey,

I just picked up some LG 2783A-B monitors and set them up via display port to my GTX1080 but only mon1 displays anything. mon2 is just backlit and black. I've tried all the solutions online like making sure I'm on the right input, re-installing drivers, swapping cables, extend display etc. Both of the monitors are detected by windows and Nvidia control panel. What I've originally concluded was that the DP port 2 on the gpu was faulty because changing DP ports made mon2 work and mon1 black. I set up my old Dell S2340M displays both via display ports (which were working just fine up until I unplugged them) and the same issue! The monitor connected via DP port 2 was not displaying anything so I unplugged the monitor on DP port 1 and then the monitor that was just black is now working. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

PC Specs
Asus Z170-A Mobo
Corsair 650m PSU
Asus Strix GTX1080
32gb ram

May 8, 2020
Just tried the monitors with an EVGA RTX2060 and both monitors work via display port. Does the GTX1080 not support dual 144hz monitors? I assume it can since it has 2 display ports like the RTX2060.

It's weird that my dual monitors prior worked via display ports on the GTX1080 and right as I switch over to the LGs then one of the display ports stop working. Any insight would be greatly appreciated thanks!