• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Dual Monitor setup: Pairing gaming monitor with ultrawide

Jun 14, 2020
I have been trying to figure out how best to situate two monitors on my desk. I am going to be purchasing one 1440p 144Hz monitor for gaming (IE: LG 27GL850 27 inch) as well as an ultrawide monitor for regular tasks (IE: LG 34UM 34 inch). I am debating between having them side by side or mounting them one on top of the other aka stacked (gaming monitor in the lower position with ultrawide on top).

If I had them side by side, I would need a significantly large desktop to accommodate them and would need to move my head significantly from side to side due to the large screen dimensions.

Thus, I have been leaning towards a stacked setup so both monitors would be in the center of my vision but would just have to look up and down slightly. For those of you who have used a stacked setup, I was wondering how you liked this type of setup?

Appreciate your input!

Jun 14, 2020
I have a third alternative.
Put the gaming monitor directly in front and rotate the ultrawide 90 degrees,
Put it on the left.
I use a similar setup with a 40" 40 main monitor and a 30" mounted vertically.
Thanks for the suggestion! Do you find that you watch videos and such more so on your main monitor or on the vertical one?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS