Endoman

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I went through all the forums i could think of on tom's to look for this answer, but couldn't find it. I have 2x 19" LCDs setup on my new machine. I got them setup and they work as intended, extension of desktop, etc, but i want them to do something else.

What I want is to be able to have a game in Fullscreen mode on one monitor while being able to switch to the desktop on the other monitor *without* minimizing the game. The only way I have been able to do this so far is to run the program in Windowed mode, but if I do that, then the mouse freely goes from monitor to monitor and I would prefer it was locked into the game until i decide to goto the desktop. (VIA a toggle button or what-have-you.)

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it, thank you for your time.

riser

Illustrious
The most I could say for this would be clone your desktop instead of extending it.
You might have to Minimize the game in one window though.. depending on what software you're using you have different options.. ATI, Nvidia, Windows, etc.

Endoman

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Forgot to say I was running an ATI x1900XT 512mb, just so you understand what i have to work with. Also since im at work and i cant fool with it here, wont cloning the desktop just give me the same thing on both monitors? IE: if i minimize on one, it will on the other and its defeating the purpose of having two monitors?

Endoman

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Appreciate it, but I am already running Ultra Mon. I contacted ATI and they said its a "feature" for windows to minimize full screened programs that aren't the current upfront program. I suppose I'm screwed unless theres some fix for that or I want to learn linux(I really have no idea if its even possible in linux, but I hear good things). Thanks a lot for the replys and maybe if someone knows how to stop that in Windows, they could post that here and save me from making another thread. :lol: