Question Dual monitor vertical and horizontal lines

DraGos1412

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Things do fail. Back in the day when that happened, you used to hit the TV hard and it would knock it back - this is due to Dry Joints in the solder.
It could still be the same thing, because the connector still gets fragile with dry joints.
It looks quite modern, so unlikely this. But please just "wiggle" the cable in the socket as it could also be faulty from manufacture and its showing now.

DraGos1412

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Have you checked that its not actually wrong refresh rate in display settings?
Things do fail. Back in the day when that happened, you used to hit the TV hard and it would knock it back - this is due to Dry Joints in the solder.
It could still be the same thing, because the connector still gets fragile with dry joints.
It looks quite modern, so unlikely this. But please just "wiggle" the cable in the socket as it could also be faulty from manufacture and its showing now.

The thing about dry joints could be but is very unlikely since there are 2 monitors that we're produced on may 2016 and it's a bit hard for both of them to have the same problem at the same time. Further tests i have done, used other cables, swaped the gpu, tried running them one at a time with either VGA or DP cables. It is very weird since if i turn them off and on a few times they just seem to start working again..

Once you pulled the cable on the monitors, and the problem persisted, you isolated the problem to the monitors, themselves.

Contemporary manufacturing techniques, coupled with the eye-rolling hysteria over lead-based solder, has produced devices that are far more prone to this type of failure; and the fact that these monitors likely came from the same manufacturing lot only bolsters the suspicion that there may be an age acquired defect in both devices--most likely traceable to inadequate flooding of the solder joints therein.

Were you to bring these to me for repair, the backs would immediately come off of both of them, the internal connections would be checked, and a lot of solder joints would get a dose of hot 62/36/2 solder applied to them.