Question Dual Monitor with b450m/3200/1660 super issue

Jan 26, 2021
I recently got a 1660 super, it works, no issues with displaying from the ports. But, now I can't get any display signal from the motherboard ports using the vega 8 on board graphics in the ryzen 3200g. I've seen a handful of guides/posts, even a handful of them being on this site as well. I'm using hdmi from the 1660's port, then my 2nd monitor is using vga from the motherboard.

I've tried everything I could find, reinstalling drivers, enabling the vega 8 gpu in bios as "forced" which is the only option besides auto/disable, I don't have the multi monitor option only just turning it on/off as the igpu itself.

The only thing that has stuck out as the issue is in device manager, vega 8 shows error 43. I've tried looking into that as well and it's always "Just reinstall your drivers", I've done this multiple times with different releases for the drivers and I get the same results every time. Continues to show error 43 on start up.

Does anyone know why? Is my BIOs outdated as I don't have multi monitor option? Is there a driver incompatibility issue with nvidia and amd?

To add some more context, I used vega 8 as my GPU originally, where I had vga and hdmi plugged into it. It never had issues. Only after getting the 1660, did this start.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200g
GPU: EVGA GTX 1660 super
Motherboard: MSI B450M Pro-M2 Max AM4

You know you need to have all the monitors connected to ONE output device,that being either motherboard or the GPU,right?
You cant mix outputs from other components,so either both monitors are plugged in the GPU,or in the motherboard.
Since you dont have a VGA port on your GPU,i suggest buying a HDMI to VGA adapter,the HDMI goes into your GPU,the VGA goes into your VGA cable for the monitor

You know you need to have all the monitors connected to ONE output device,that being either motherboard or the GPU,right?
You cant mix outputs from other components,so either both monitors are plugged in the GPU,or in the motherboard.
Since you dont have a VGA port on your GPU,i suggest buying a HDMI to VGA adapter,the HDMI goes into your GPU,the VGA goes into your VGA cable for the monitor
That... is not true. You can have a mix of whatever you want as far as everything is setup correctly and working.
Yes, you can use both integrated and discrete graphics for outputs. You need to have both enabled in BIOS.

For OP, please make sure that both are enabled in BIOS.

Jan 26, 2021
That... is not true. You can have a mix of whatever you want as far as everything is setup correctly and working.
Yes, you can use both integrated and discrete graphics for outputs. You need to have both enabled in BIOS.

Could you point me in the right direction? Cause everything I've seen says it's just 1 thing you gotta mess with in BIOS which is the multi monitor setting.

Edit: I mean, I don't really know where to look for the two settings you're mentioning. I feel the integrated one is the one I see in multi monitor's place which is turned on, but not sure about a 2nd one to mess with.

Rlly?
I didnt know that,when i tried that it didnt work.
Although i have a OEM motherboard that i can barely get in to the bios into.
So is the use of both monitors the same as if both were plugged into the GPU?
Why do people buy GPU's with 6 outputs?
Im super confused

Jan 26, 2021
Rlly?
Im super confused

As far as I'm aware, it still uses that specific GPU. So my 2nd monitor would be using a doo doo GPU instead of the 1660 super, so it's better to have everything plugged into the actual GPU on a normal basis. If I've understood my bit of research, I could be wrong though lol.

As far as I'm aware, it still uses that specific GPU. So my 2nd monitor would be using a doo doo GPU instead of the 1660 super, so it's better to have everything plugged into the actual GPU on a normal basis. If I've understood my bit of research, I could be wrong though lol.
Yeah i've always read that its the best to plugg everything to the GPU,this is the first time i hear that it can actually be done.

Could you point me in the right direction? Cause everything I've seen says it's just 1 thing you gotta mess with in BIOS which is the multi monitor setting.

Edit: I mean, I don't really know where to look for the two settings you're mentioning. I feel the integrated one is the one I see in multi monitor's place which is turned on, but not sure about a 2nd one to mess with.
This video will help.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZSSzoQrrkw

Rlly?
Im super confused
It does work. I have used it a million times when I troubleshoot somehting. People buy GPUs with 6 outputs if they need way too many monitors out of the system without the purchase of extra hardware. For example in the stock market it's usual to have like 8 - 10 - 14 monitors which you will need 1 or 2 of those 6 output GPUs and the integrated one, instead of like 3 - 4 - 5 standard 4 output GPUs.

Even when you have a SLI/Crossfire setup,you always plugg all the video cables into 1 card,which is likely the top one.
Thx for input though,i didnt know it can be done.
SLI and Crossfire use multiple GPUs to render the same picture. If you dont use SLI or Crossfire, you can have all the outputs used.

This video will help.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZSSzoQrrkw

It does work. I have used it a million times when I troubleshoot somehting. People buy GPUs with 6 outputs if they need way too many monitors out of the system without the purchase of extra hardware. For example in the stock market it's usual to have like 8 - 10 - 14 monitors which you will need 1 or 2 of those 6 output GPUs and the integrated one, instead of like 3 - 4 - 5 standard 4 output GPUs.
Thanks for that.

Reactions: dotas1
Jan 26, 2021

Yeah, this is one of the videos I checked out. I went back into BIOS to check what my options were, since I couldn't remember how it was worded.

So, the first line is the same as in the video "Initiate graphic adapter" which is the same setting as his.
But instead of multi monitor, I have "Integrated graphics" with the options disable/force/auto.

I have it set to force (originally auto before changing it), but it just turns into the device manager showing the 43 error for my integrated graphics. So, I'm assuming it's not even able to boot after hooking up the new graphics card, it was also not working even before I installed any extra nvidia drivers from their site. So I'm kinda unsure if it's a driver conflicting issue or just something wrong with vega 8's drivers. Unless it's my BIOS, but yeah, I'm lost on this lol.