Question Dual monitors different refresh causing issues

Dec 6, 2018
So I've read up about this a little bit and it seems to be a known Windows 10 issue, but haven't seem to come to any fixes for it really.
My main monitor is a Sceptre 144hz 24" and my secondary is an HP 60hz 24"

The issue seems to really only come to play while streaming as I use my secondary to monitor the streams and chats while playing.
Apparently Windows 10 automatically forces the lowest refresh to both monitors (basically forcing around a 60 frame cap) on anything I play. Which in itself isn't really an issue. Especially only during streams.
But what is an issue is that it seems to cause noticeable input lag as well.
Which when playing multiplayer games can be a problem.

Everything runs fine and smooth at 144hz while not streaming or having anything other than the static screen on my secondary.
Anyone have any ideas or fixes for this?

I seen some people say running the secondary monitor though iGPU and my main through my graphics card can fix it. But it seems like my GPU shuts off the iGPU completely, I checked all over in my BIOS for the multiple monitor iGPU setting and it doesn't exist in my BIOS for whatever reason, I even looked up where it should be under ASUS BIOS under advanced settings but tab doesn't appear there, or anywhere.
Perhaps it isn't supported idk.

I'm up for any suggestions though.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 2700
Gigabyte RTX 2080
ASUS TUF X470-Plus Mobo
Corsair RM750X PSU
16gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Sounds like V-Sync to me. Make sure that's off. If it still doesn't work, make sure you set up your nVidia Control Panel 3D Settings to prefer the highest available refresh rate. If that fails, just manually set each to its respective RR, Windows shouldn't have anything to do with RR control.