Question Dual monitors keep 'no signalling' and turning off

Lylio

Distinguished
May 3, 2015
Hello, I have two monitors:

1. Acer Nitro VG270Ubmiipx 27-inch WQHD Gaming Monitor - (IPS Panel, FreeSync, 1ms, ZeroFrame, DP, HDMI, Black)
2. Acer Nitro VG271UPbmiipx 27 inch WQHD Gaming Monitor - (IPS Panel, FreeSync, 144Hz, 1ms, HDR 400, ZeroFrame, DP, HDMI, Black)

• Windows 11
    32GB DDR5 RAM
  • 3080ti GPU
  • ASUS Z690-A LGA 1700 motherboard
  • 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12600K 3.70 GHz

Both run at 2K and have been fine until the last couple of months. I have a 3080ti GPU powering them. The issue is, they sometimes just switch off, both at the same time, and go into sleep/no signal mode... they give the 'no signal' message, and can't be turned back on. I have to hard reset my PC to get them to come back to life.

I have:

1. Checked all cables - none are loose
2. I have switched from DP to HDMI sources, still same outcome
3. Unplugging power then plugging the monitors back in doesn't bring back the picture; only a reboot of the PC does that
4. If I'm watching a video when this happens, I can still hear the video, it's just visuals on both PCs are gone.
5. I've ensured all power plans are set to never 'sleep'/turn off the monitors (I'm on Windows 11).

I'm using a 1000W power supply and have ordered a 1200W in case this is power related. All drivers are up to date.

I understand this is quite difficult to diagnose on a forum - but is there anywhere I could check when the black happens to see what was going on just beforehand. For example, the Windows Events Viewer has a lot of information - does anyone maybe know what I should look for in the important/critical errors to see if something is trying load/awaken itself and causing the black out?

Many thanks, really appreciate any advice you guys have.

Ralston18

Titan

TRENDING THREADS