Question Dual monitors not getting same resolution

Mar 9, 2021
So I have bought two AOC Q32G1WG4 monitors that are 1440p at 144 hz. And I can only get 1440 on the main monitor if I switch which on the main is I will have that resolution there the other one will be only 1080p. One is connected through hdmi and one through dp but even if I switch the connection it will stay the same meaning the primary will run in full resolution and the secondary won't. I tried installing new drivers and followed the tips on the internet and nothing really solved the issue.

Mar 9, 2021
Idk why but when I was using a hdmi and a DP combo in my new 3080, it was causing some display errors and freezes. Changed them to both DP and it started working fine.
Would be my first recommendation without knowing the rest of ya stuff

would do that if I could the problem is my graphics card only has one dp and one hdmi slot

full system spec?

I have Intel core i7-10700KF and an NVIDIA geforce gtx 1060. That is probably what you are interested in.

Also a weird thing happened I switched up my dp and hdmi and now the screen with the dp has only a 1080 dp and the one with the hdmi has 1440p. I can also share some screenshots if needed

Mar 9, 2021
If your cables are older versions, that might be it? Say you're using an old DP cable that doesn't support 2k? I could be wrong
What are the resolutions set for in display properties/nvidia control panel?

I am not sure if the reason is that one uses the hdmi cable. Altough the hdmi cable I bought is 2.1 so I think it should support 1440p at 144 hz. Here is a picture of my nvidia panel. And what happens if I switch the connections of the monitors. View: https://imgur.com/a/sBLCALw
. As you can see even if I switch which one is connected with dp and hdmi somehow the resolutions don't really switch but stay locked the same.

Mar 9, 2021
And if you set the top picture DP for Custom 2560x1440 instead of allowing the 'native' 1920x1080?

hey thank you for all the help I finally found out what the problem was. They send one right and one wrong monitor. Since they look exactly the same I did not even notice since I got them only yesterday one is in fact a AOC CQ32G1 but one is a AOC C32G1 which does not support qhd but only fhd resolution. They apologized and will exchange the minitors