Dual monitors not working with GTX960

Henrik_4

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 which is said to be capable of having 4 monitors support. I am trying to connect a second monitor to my PC, I have one right now. For monitor one I use a HDMI cable from the GTX960. When I try to detect the other monitor Windows 10 doesn't seem to detect it. For this monitor I use an adapter from DVI to VGA. I have tried a lot of different things to make it work, but nothing seems to get it to work. Any help?

Solution
If you have a dvi-d port all you need is a simple dvi-d cable directly from the gpu to the monitor. A dvi-d cable will work in a dvi-I connector but not vice versa.

jpe1701

Honorable
So just some quick looking and it looks like you do need a dvi-i converter unless the converter you have is an actual digital to analog active converter not just a simple cable. Do you have a link to the converter?

Henrik_4

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
This is the adapter I have right now https://www.amazon.com/Male-DVI-D-Female-VGA-Adapter/dp/B007EA48MA.

If I get a dvi-i cable and use that directly from the pc without any adapters or converters I will have a problem because my monitor only has a dvi-d port. Will it work if I get a dvi-i to dvi-d adapter/converter at the port in the screen then?