[SOLVED] Dual Monitors - Should I use the on-board DVI port for one?

bub sweetham

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2013
I have recently built up a desktop PC by combining two system. The new system has an on-board DVI connection, as well as an NVIDIA Video card. I have attached the main MSI monitor to the DisplayPort but I have a legacy DVI Monitor that I can either attach to the on-board Port of the NVIDIA Card or the MOBO. The DVI Monitor would only be used for Email and such while the New Monitor will be used for games and such.
Is it better to put them both on the NVIDIA card or split them and use the resources from both???

Solution
Make and model of your motherboard and the processor you're using for your build...? If your card has native support for your displays, then yes they should plug into the discrete GPU. Speaking of which, what is the make and model of your discrete GPU?

On second thoughts, might want to list your full system's specs so we're not left assuming/guessing what you have.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your motherboard and the processor you're using for your build...? If your card has native support for your displays, then yes they should plug into the discrete GPU. Speaking of which, what is the make and model of your discrete GPU?

On second thoughts, might want to list your full system's specs so we're not left assuming/guessing what you have.

Solution

bub sweetham

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2013

That is what I did originally but the question did stick in my mind, should I use the on-board DVI. Thanks for the clarification. I'll keep it as is.