dual monitors with different resolutions causing bugs

wildernes35

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
Hi all

I have a dual monitor setup with one 3840x2160 monitor and one 1920x1080 monitor but i seem to have bugs when opening games or moving things between them like things flying of my screen when i move them or opening games to find the stuff on my other screen has been minimized and it is showing something else or nothing also sometimes my cursor is giant on the 1080 monitor do you know of a way to stop this or just a good dual monitor software i can use (preferably free) that would fix this annoying issue

Many thanks

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
That's just how it is. The only way to have them look "The Same" would be to have the same resolution on both of them. The other issues you're reporting, like things flying off your screen could also be where the windows were situated previously. Do you have any connection issues going on? Like for instance, if your system loses connectivity to one of the monitors it will try to auto-compinsate by putting everything on the primary or functional monitor.

wildernes35

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016

No i dont have any connection issues the main problem is having something open on my 1080 monitor and i open a game or something on my 4k monitor and the 1080 monitor drops what was on the screen either for something that was beneath it including my desktop or something from the 4k monitor

by the way thankyou for the response its a shame there is no way to stop this issue but oh well