Dual screen from GPU vs GPU + Mobo, which gives better FPS?

Sabik Ahmed

Reputable
Nov 27, 2014
Hello! I'm in a dilemma atm. I just got another monitor and I want to dual screen, one for watch videos, streams, general browsing and the other to play games. There is two ways I can connect both monitors via DVI to my computer. Either both to my graphics card or 1 to my graphics card and one to my motherboard using imageshack.us/a/img211/2104/h26.png

I was wondering which would give better FPS and performance for the game i'm playing while running general browsing on the other monitor.

I think it may be GPU+Mobo, because half the workload on the GPU? but when i use this in my bios it says that the igpu memory is limited to 64bit? what does that mean??

but my orginal question is which is the better method that gives best fps ?

thank you

Generally running both monitors off of the GPU will result in a better performance. Remember the second monitor on many full screen games will just be blank, and not adding load to the system. You didn't mention what your setup was but generally using the on-board will place more load on the CPU which you do not want from a performance standpoint.