Question dual Side Fans on case

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
hello . I was just curious about if I should use side fans as intake or exhaust? my case currently has 2 120mm fans on top, one in front and 1 at the top/rear of the case, the side panel supports 2 more 120mm fans, one low (around the GPU) but the 2nd is right across from the CPU cooler fan with about 5 inches separating them. would this fan be more efficient as an exhaust or an intake, I would think the bottom side 120mm would be best as intake as its below the GPU fan so I would think this would just add more cool air below the GPU and the GPU would then use said air, however I am not 100% sure about the top 120mm fan as it is in direct line with the CPU cooler fan .

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you generally want to bring air in as low as possible and take it out as high as possible. so your top fans will push that hot air out of the case while the front and side fans which are lower will bring in cooler air. the gpu will thank you as well since usually that side fans blows straight into the gpu fans giving it more cooling power. it won't drop temps massively but a couple degrees is never a bad thing :)