[SOLVED] Dual system with 1 psu

lingarajug

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
I am planning to build a dual system in phanteks enthoo 719 which is well designed for that type of build, i am going to use asus rog rampage omega x299 with 10920x, 4x8gb ram and rtx 2080ti with 2 onboard nvme for storage and evga x299 micro with 7900x, 2x8gb ram and 1 onboard nvme with 2070super gpu and i plan to use evga 1600w t2 psu, so how do I go about splitting the 24pin mobo, 8 pin cpu and 6+2pin pcie connectors and i will use front panel i/o from mainboard and also thinking of splitting front panel power, reset, hdd light and powerlight connectors as well so i can turn on both systems at the same time, this is mostly experimental project and i already have all parts needed that are leftover from older builds, so is it possible to split output from psu and also split front panel header connectors and the only problem i can think of is how to turn off both systems at the sametime as turning off one will abruptly cut power to 2nd system or power keeps going to turned off system as 2nd system is not powered down yet, any ideas appreciated and where can i get the splitting cables as those are the only ones i dont have, thank you for any suggestions.

Solution
Simply not doable with that psu. A dual system in the 719 is probably entirely exclusive to using Phanteks' own psus that were designed for it.
The EVGA 1600w T2 only has one 24+10pin for the motherboard. You're going to need a 2nd psu...
Depending on the model, Phanteks' Revolt X and Revolt Pro either have 2 of the 24+10pin, or a 24+10pin and a 24pin.

As far as I can tell regarding the rest, you actually can't do that.
1)I'm not sure how you'd be able to do that, and
2)if there is some DIY hack job that allows you to do it, you'd risk blowing your equipment up anyway because you'd be running the psu out of spec.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Simply not doable with that psu. A dual system in the 719 is probably entirely exclusive to using Phanteks' own psus that were designed for it.
The EVGA 1600w T2 only has one 24+10pin for the motherboard. You're going to need a 2nd psu...
Depending on the model, Phanteks' Revolt X and Revolt Pro either have 2 of the 24+10pin, or a 24+10pin and a 24pin.

2)if there is some DIY hack job that allows you to do it, you'd risk blowing your equipment up anyway because you'd be running the psu out of spec.

Reactions: lingarajug
Solution

lingarajug

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013

Thank you for the response, like I said it is an experimental project so i will hold off for now, phanteks used to sell dual system supporting output panel but is no longer, i just thought using a full 24pin splitter and cpu cable splitter i could split the output as my psu only has 1 24 pin and 2 cpu connectors but has 9 gpu connectors and peripherals are more than enough present for my needs, i could use the power switch cable of frint panel to power one and reset switch to power the secondry but it will result in power going to both systems and i felt my idea of splitting them front panel power cables might resolve that issue but probably not, this is 1600w titanium so i even if i were able to mod it as planned i dont think both systems will draw anywhere close to atleast 80% of what this psu outputs, i just have to find a way to split them cables.